2018 CURRICULUM VITAE
Name : Hofit Cohen M.D Faculty : Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Israel
Department : The Bert W. Strassburger Lipid Center, the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer Israel
E. mail: email@example.com
EDUCATION and TRAINING
- 1991 : Degree in Medicine, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School Jerusalem, Israel
- 1996-2000 Specialty in Internal Medicine, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Israel
- 2000-present : Sub-investigator in clinical studies at the Bert W. Strassburger Lipid Center, the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer Israel approximately 30 clinical studies, in the areas of diabetes and glucose metabolism, dyslipidemia and obesity,
- 2002-2004 :sub-specialty in Endocrinology and Metabolism, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Israel
- 2003: Metabolism and Clinical nutrition diploma -Sackler faculty of medicine Tel Aviv University, Israel
- 2003 : Association of clinical research Professionals (ACRP) – diploma of the course Good clinical practices for clinical investigators.
- 2005-present : Principal investigator in international clinical studies
- 2007-present : Lipid clinic director at the Bert W. Strassburger Lipid Center, the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer Israel
- 2000-present : lecturer Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Israel
- 2016-present – coordinator of a course in biochemistry at the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology to medical, dental, and paramedical students ,Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Israel
- Member of the Israel endocrine society
- Board member of the Israeli Society for Research, Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis
- Member of the European Atherosclerosis Society
- Rosler A, Cohen H. Absence of steroid biosynthetic defects in heterozygote individuals for classic 11 b OH deficiency due to R448 H mutation in the CYP 11 1b J Clin End Metab 1995; 80:3771-3773.
- Ferber S, Halkin A, Cohen H et al. Pancreatic and duodenal homeobox gene 1 induces expression of insulin genes in liver and ameliorates streptozotocin – induced hyperglycemia. Nature medicine 2000; 6: (5)568-572.
- Cohen H, Sherer Y, Shaish A, Shoenfeld Y, Levkovitz, Bitzur R, H Harats D. Atherogenesis Inhibition Induced by Magnesium-Chloride Fortification of Drinking Water .Biological trace element research 2002 ;90:251-259
- Kamari Y*, Cohen H*, Shaish A, Bitzur R, Afek A, Shen S, Vainshtein A, Harats.D. (* both are first authors). Characterisation of atherosclerotic lesions with scanning electron microscopy (SEM) of wet tissue. Diabetes Vasc Dis Res 2008;5:44-47.
- Cohen H, Bielorai B, Harats D, Toren A, Pinhas-Hamiel O. Conservative treatment of L-asparginase-associated lipid abnormalities in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.a single center experience: 2002-2005 . Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 2010 ;54(5):703-706.
- Bitzur R, Cohen H, Cohen T, Dror TW, Herzog Y, Lifshitz Y, Lubish T, Harats D, Rubinstein A. The Metabolic Effects of Omega-3 Plant Sterol Esters in Mixed Hyperlipidemic Subjects. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2011 Jan 13.
- Cohen H, Stein-Zamir C , Hamiel O , Lebenthal Y , Schurr D , Harats D, Shamir Israeli guidelines for the management of hypercholesterolemia in children and adolescents. Report of the pediatric association expert group. The European e-Journal of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism. 2010; 5(3)e132-e143 .
- Tsigos C, Bitzur R, Kleinman Y, Cohen H, Cahn A, Mancia G, Grassi G. Targets for Body Fat, Blood Pressure, Lipids and Glucose Lowering Interventions in the Elderly. Diabetes Care 2013;36:S292-S300
- Bitzur R, Cohen H, Kamari Y, Harats D. Phytosterols: another way to reduce LDL cholesterol levels. Harefuah. 2013 ;152(12):729-731
- Rinawi F, Iancu TC, Hartman C ,Cohen H, Yarden-Bilavsky H, Rozenfeld Bar Lev M,Shamir R. Fat Malabsorption due to Bile Acid Synthesis Defect.MD .IMAJ 2015: 17: March: 190-192
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Cohen H , Shamir R: Hyperlipoproteinemias in Children and Adolescents in Pediatric Endocrinology Lifshitz F.(Editor) 5 th Marcel Dekker Inc. 2006
- Aviv Shaish, Ayelet Harari, Gustav Schonfeld , Kamari Y, Cohen H, Dror Harats. (2009). “Application of Dunaliella in Atherosclerosis” in: “The Alga Dunaliella: Biodiversity, Physiology, Genomica &Biotechnology” (A. Ben-Amotz ed.) CRC Press Inc.